Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Today I learned...

Australian's don't know what rootbeer floats are... the concept of rootbeer itself is foreign.

Veterans Day is called Remembrance Day here. Also, I was told the only thing that happens in America on Veterans Day is mattress sales.

Everyone here assumes and expects to work overseas at some point. Actually work overseas and not just travel to do business overseas. A lot of people do "gap year" just to live in a different country and work to sustain themselves. Sounds kinda fun... maybe after I graduate?

Being overseas is a bonding experience, no matter where in the world you are. Thanks Heejin:)

Every time I say I miss food (example: lasagna) we have it for lunch the next day, it doesn't taste good, and makes me miss it even more. Australian's spell it "lasagne"...weird.

PepsiMax might just taste better than Diet Coke.

I guess its true, you learn something new every day! So its not my normal ramblings, but that might be a relief for you all at this point. Have a good day:)

PS--I walked from Spit Bridge to Manly today. It was a good 4 hour excursion with my classmate Kah Mun. There are pictures on my Flickr site.

1 comment:

Whipstitch said...

In China Veterans Day 11.11 is singles day, because there are so many ones in it. It's just a joke holiday though and not nearly as serious as mattress sales.